Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Reflections and connection.....

It's a reflective Sunday morning here at home as I sip my tea and listen to the rain outside of the meditation room window. Flute music is playing softly and vanilla incense is wafting from the room to throughout the house. I like these kind of mornings.......quiet, calm, peaceful. It feels as though the world is still asleep and the frenzied pulse of life has not yet taken over.  It makes me feel like this is 'my time' and these kind of moments often make me reflective. This mornings reflections are steeped in gratitude.

I am on the first day of my two weeks of holidays and I am always grateful for time at home. We are not going away on a holiday during this time off work but instead we have chosen this time specifically to complete another portion of the home renovations that have been an ongoing project since last July. We are beginning to feel a bit weary of all the work that we have been doing but it is bringing what is now our home together, back to life after so many years of passive living and merely existing as four walls. We have been breathing new life into what we are now making 'our' home and it feels wonderful and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I feel as though the house is smiling back at us and is quietly whispering a thank-you. A house needs to be a 'home' and a home needs to be a person's sanctuary. That place that you know you can wake up in and return to each day and feel both comforted and safe. It needs to be that one place on this vast planet that you can call your own and always feel like it is giving you a big hug when you walk through the door and reassure you that life is going to be ok. We all want to feel a connectedness, which in turn makes us feel supported and I feel that a home can do that for us. I have been in homes where I have felt that connectedness that it  has with its owners and I have felt the opposite also. Our homes are often a reflection of who we are as people and where we might be at in life.

For us our renovations are heading into the final stages of completion I can feel everything coming together and the connectedness is falling into place. It's a very good feeling and I am grateful for so many things involved with it. We are blessed to be able to do alot of the work ourselves and that we have had the resources to take this all on. When it is all said and done we will be able to sit back and smile and know that we did our best and our home will be a happy one.

Warm blessings to all,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment