Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

in the midst of March

I see that my last post was a few months ago as the calendar turned from one year to the next. Here we are now on the doorstep of Spring. It is a pleasing place to be as the winter was long, snowy and cold. It was much like last winter and many of us were hoping that we especially did not repeat the winter of 2014. But it seems we did for the most part and yet once again we made it through and Spring is now heralding us.

 Just this morning I awoke to the songs of both a cardinal and a robin and the sounds of a blue jay which I'm not sure is exactly what I would call a song?? So it seems we all sing the praises of the months moving on and the arrival of the season next to the last. The sun shines today with just merely wisps of cloud and the temperatures will hopefully rise to above the freezing point. The snow that has accumulated into large drifts are now melting rapidly and the grass that has hibernated over the winter is now beginning to reveal itself. This is nice to see in the simplest of ways. All of these actions are indicators of both an end and a beginning. Like being at the state of betwixt and between. It is neither Winter nor Spring.

 I'm still cocooned in my morning ritual of tea and some reading and now obviously catching up on some work. I am returning to my Reiki practice this year and have just ordered a few books that will inspire me to walk down this path again. I'm excited to receive them for many reasons. One being that I love books and adding these to my library will be lovely. I share in the life of a book each and every day. It's a part of who I am. So to read a section of a book today and to also order new books makes this a wonderful day!

Now to be on to the list of things that encompass my day off. Aaah…..where is that list?? ;)

Blessings to all,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment