Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

in the moment.......

I awoke this morning and there was a calmness and a feeling of resolute in that this day is  a gift that can only be lived this one time. This particular morning is not really out of the ordinary. I am off to my job soon and am in fact working all weekend. But there seems to be something this morning that is saying loud and clear that this day, and all others that follow, need to be lived in the moment and experienced fully. This is not an epiphany for me because I have felt this before and understand the beauty of this choice but we all tend to fall away from this easily. It seems that in this busy, crazy world that we live in, our minds are full of things we know. Some of these 'things we know' are in our everyday consciousness and we are fully aware of them and access them reliably without even a thought. It's just what we do. But some things live in the back of our minds and we need to be reminded of them from time to time and have them pushed into the forefront or pull them there ourselves. Great Spirit has a way of pushing things onto our path and placing them where we will notice them whether it be through an incident or a thought. For me this morning it seems to be through thought.  I know that this day has a finite number of moments that I can choose to live in one way or another. So how do I really want to live those moments. I can choose to live inside of each one of these moments and that then allows me to fully experience them in a way that I think, feel and understand each one. I must be 'present' to do this. This is one of the key factors in living an authentic life. If I choose to be fully present then I am able to exist within that moment and make the best choice possible or be witness to one. To be present may simply be as a bystander and that then is also the experience.
My life lived in the present moment is necessary so that I can feel it fully. This may be both tough and easy because life is full of paradox but I will have done my best.

May you live in the present moment today and for all new days that come.

Namaste,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment