Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

first snow…..

There is something about the first snowfall that makes me reflect on the seasons of change. I can feel it begin in late Summer and early Autumn with the transformation of the trees turning into brilliant washes of colour and jewel like hues of reds, yellow and orange. We all have that experience when we witness that particular tree that will present with the colour changes earlier than any other. We all know that tree and it is our marker that Autumn is beckoning. It is the signal for the others to follow along and landscapes mature into Mother Nature's own artwork painted on the canvas of Mother Earth allowing us to share in postcard moments at a whim. It truly is a gift that behooves us to take a moment and be present to enjoy the beauty for it will not last as the next season is gesturing for its turn also.
The rains and wind of the season will then often arrive and strip the trees of their resplendent foliage leaving only the stark silhouette of it's original form that was so ready in Spring to burst forth with green. I am reminded of lace-like patterns when I see them standing so beautifully in a field against a clear sky of winter blue or one that may have snow clouds on the horizon. And then it happens….. the snow arrives. Whether it be of consequence or just a light dusting it heralds the fact that Winter is going to be upon us soon. This morning offered that moment for me as I saw outside my kitchen window that Old Man Winter had sent a few flakes our way to let us know that he was now presiding over the season. We shift from full colour to the brilliance of white. The smallest of flakes forming together to create a blanket for us to keep us warm until Spring. This is what I experienced this morning and I captured this photo when I let Micah outside.



Stay warm,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment