Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

hmm.....

Sunday.... day three in my world of working weekends. So glad for it to be here and will make it through fine. I make it sound like its such a dreadful thing but in reality it is a long 36 hours to work in three days. It does have its payoff in the end and that is the ring you keep reaching for. The time change was also last night and there is always a sense of nervousness in that I always hope that I have done the right thing with the alarm so as to awaken me at the right time. During the night I awoke and at that time I checked my phone and saw that it had changed by itself and I thought that I had changed the clock properly, but in fact I hadn't. I was awake early though and Kelly checked in with me in a sleepy voice to ask if my alarm had gone off and was I getting up. It was a 'no' and then a 'yes' to those pointed questions on the first day of the time change and I quickly placed my feet on the floor and began my morning ritual for work.

This is when Autumn really sets in for me and the days becoming shorter are the proverbial sign of the cold weather arriving on our doorstep. It's a time that I have had to bring myself to embrace as I am not one who enjoys the cold. The thoughts of winter scenes of freshly fallen snow with the sun creating diamond like sparkles are romanticized in my mind and capturing these moments in reality keep me focused on making it through my winter months. Give me an afternoon curled up on the sofa with a blanket to keep my warm and a good book and I'm a happy girl ....... add a cup of hot tea or a glass of wine and I am even happier. In the cold months I have to create an atmosphere to live in that will nurture me through what I have always disliked. This works for me now and lets me reach for Spring more easily.

Namaste,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment