Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

backyard life.......

It's hot and steamy Monday morning and I did a bit of work in the backyard before heading inside to the cool air. I live in the city but manage to have a garden that I love to sit in and find my zen. It's a flower garden with trees and shrubs and on our deck I have a small kitchen garden in a planter. This morning I watered the flower pots since they dry out so easily being that they are clay. I felt dreadful last week when one of my pots was looking rather sickly after it dried out from the hot sun. I soaked it well and kept checking on it all day to see if it was going to make it.......and it did! So nowI make sure that I water daily if not more, so that they can show their beauty each and every day!

My grandson is over this morning and he helped out the best way he knew how with his little watering can in hand. It was mostly the garden river rocks that were watered by him :). Just before we went inside we picked some lettuce from the small kitchen garden. It's just big enough to hold some lettuce, basil, thai basil, lemon verbena and a sprig of oregano that is giving its all to stay alive! I must say it's nice to hand pick some lettuce for a salad or sandwich or quickly pluck some basil to whisk into some oil & vinegar for a salad dressing.

Here's a peek at my kitchen garden planter ........ I just love having it right outside my door!



My grandson proudly holding this mornings harvest!




Lemon verbena for my morning tea!


A beautiful small bouquet of lavender from the garden......



I hope that some of you are able to enjoy a garden whether it be a vegetable garden or a flower garden! It truly will bring you pleasure! 

Blessings to all.....

Maggie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment