Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

over thinking.....

Yesterday was a busy day in my mind......way, way too busy. I had a day filled with 'thinking'. I've come to understand over many years and from previous experiences that 'thinking' can be a good thing. It can produce good results and can move a person further along in life. It can allow you to see things as they truly are and help you to come to a greater understanding of that which you are processing. These are the effects of positive 'thinking'. Then there are days like yesterday where I was guilty of 'over-thinking'. It was a matter of over-thinking, thinking stuck on 'repeat', in the past thinking, future-thinking, re-thinking, circular thinking and any other kind of negative thinking possible. All in all, it created an atmosphere in my mind that was not a good one and by the end of it all I was no further ahead than when it all started. And I spent hours inside of this whirl of 'thinking'. My mood was overwrought with worry and concern for something that wasn't even a reality, but that didn't seem to matter as I continued with this pattern. It's like a saying that I once heard and part of it was that 'worry goes round and round'. And that was truly what was happening yesterday. It was like a carousel ride that was on full speed and out of control. It was like being in a 'funk' that you can't rid yourself of. It was as though something had taken over my mind and I could not let it go. 

As I reflect today on the events in my mind yesterday, I have a much different sense. My mind feels lighter today and that is possibly a result of a 'new' day (sometimes that is what we need to move on) and the fact that I was able to go to that place of better logic in my mind today to process this all better. I was able to share with my partner this morning and engage in conversation that helped me to come to a place of positive comfort rather than where I had been. Today it almost seems silly, but yesterday it consumed me. So as much as I have worked on my personal growth for many, many years it remains evident that I can have days where that growth seems to be buried somewhere deep inside of me and I have to go through these times where I search again to bring myself to that place of understanding and balance. Understanding that the 'work' on ourselves is never done is sometimes disappointing and other times comforting. Knowing that we can still grow and become wiser and a better person for ourselves and others is a wonderful thing. My growth is present today and will still need some 'tending' but I'm on the right path.....and thankfully so.

Blessings to all,

Maggie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment