Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

simply a bad decision.....

I work as a nurse and I have been on night shift the last 2 nights. I don't like to work nights as they get me all turned around and I have difficulty sleeping. I'm off today so I only slept 3 hours given that I don't want to waste my day off sleeping and when I got up I wanted to clear some things out of my mind so I decided to go for my power walk. I often walk at our local community centre since it has a walking track around the top of the ice rink. I do find sometimes that it is somewhat boring so today I opted for an outdoor walk. I like to take in people's landscaping and gardens and just the nice summer weather. What I didn't factor into the whole thing was the fact that it is 31 degrees celsius out today! So I'm tired and dealing with being turned around from nights and have an issue on my mind and I go out for my walk. Well, that was a total mistake and I'm surprised that I'm even writing this blog post! I could have easily collapsed and been taken to the hospital! So now I have contracted with myself that if the temperature is more than 25 degrees celsius I will not walk in the outdoors, but instead go to the track and walk under safe conditions.

I'm still learning after all these years!

Blessings,

Maggie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment