Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

early morning......


It's early morning here and I have already been up for at least an hour. I always get up seriously early on my work days to allow myself plenty of time to get ready and then to also sit quietly and have some time for myself before heading into a long day of work. My job is as a nurse and we work 12 hour shifts so it's important for me to head into that in the best state of mind that I am able to be in. After all the tasks are done to present myself to work and also have my meals to eat there are ready I head to my mediation room so that I can sit quietly and let my mind be still for a time. This has always been important for me.

This morning I have smudged with a beautiful sage that we bought when we were in the west last fall. It has a special name from the region it is harvested from and it escapes me this morning but I will ask my partner today and let you all know from where it came. It is such a beautiful scent. There is music softly playing and this morning a choice of vanilla incense also wafts in the air. I have done a crossing for 3 souls that were not yet home and then also did some self Reiki to allow my day to flow well. That included a long distance sending to my workplace which will enhance my day also.

All of this is what allows me to stay in balance with myself and life. I will say that there are times that I veer away from some of these practices but inevitably I alway instinctively know to return and find that peace that it brings me. Our lives are busy and fraught with so much that can make us lose our peaceful perspective. This makes it all the more important for us to take some time out of our day to focus on our inner space and create that calm and peaceful being for ourselves that we know is there. It is simply a matter of unlocking the door and letting it come out and shine. Ah, I say 'simply', well it can be simple if we allow it to be. But so much of the time we place roadblocks on our path of peace and calm. Maybe look at clearing some of them away, even just one cleared will allow for a better focus. Even if you only begin with 5 minutes of your own uninterrupted time. Let it be yours and only yours and let your mind be clear and calm. Try it on for size and see if it fits. I think it just might.

I must go now. Blessings to all and may you find 5 minutes of peace today.

Hugs,

Maggie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment