Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Sunday pancakes......

It seems that Sunday mornings are turning out to be 'pancake' breakfast day!

 A while back I made pancakes for my grandson on a day when he was with me and the leftovers went in the freezer. Well, it seems that Kelly found them and quite enjoyed them! The pancakes are a gluten free mix that I came across and since I have a daughter who is sensitive to gluten I thought it was a good idea to have the mix in the pantry for those times that she might be here. They taste great and I figured we could all take a break from gluten and not miss anything important.

For the last several Sundays when I ask what we might have for breakfast I keep getting the same answer......"Could we have those pancakes with the things in them?"....."Cuz I really like them." Haha....she's so funny when she asks. And the 'things' in them by the way are hemp hearts. I like to add them for some extra protein and also the nutty flavour they provide. So yesterday was no different and the pancake flipping began!

Here's a pictorial of the pancake morning!

gluten free mix with hemp hearts added 



adding liquid ingredients

this time I added a hint of cinammon 

wait for the 'bubbles' before you flip

looking tasty!

a plateful of pancakes!

extras ready for the freezer!

So "pancake Sunday" seems to be the trend for now and that's ok! I like to have my eggs & toast and Kelly has her pancakes. Of which I will often just have a bite or two! 

I wonder what other Sunday morning breakfasts are out there in your house? Let me know! 

Blessings to all,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment